Working for US!
Utility Services (USV) is professional services organization that works on performance, reliability, and security functions in the electric industry across North America. Utility Services specializes in assisting registered entities with their obligations as required by the Electric Reliability Organization (ERO), administered through the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC). Utility Services is an affiliate of Energy New England (ENE) of Mansfield, Massachusetts. ENE owns 100% of Utility Services and is governed by its Board of Directors.
Waterbury, Vermont (Hybrid)
- The job responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Establish and develop a high level of understanding of NERC reliability standards for implementation with our customers including the participation in the development of new standards in the industry
- Monitor and maintain a functional understanding of NERC CIP standards.
- Prepare and participate in NERC compliance presentations to clients.
- Prepare physical and cyber security educational awareness materials.
- Assist staff with the development and maintenance of client of program documentation.
- Assist in development of documents and templates for the latest version of the NERC CIP standards.
- Perform entry level regulatory assessments of program data and documentation.
- Review network diagrams, security settings and conduct vulnerability assessments.
- Assist in development of scenarios and injects for security-based tabletop exercises.
- Assist in the facilitation security-based tabletop exercises.
- Draft and develop after action of security-based table-top exercises.
- Participate in the development of new standards in the industry via committees, drafting teams, and other working groups.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Required Travel: ~10%
- Bachelor’s degree, certification or equivalent experience in computer science, cyber security, or information/operational technology.
- High level verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Knowledge and awareness of Microsoft based software applications.
- Ability to travel anywhere in North America
- Experience with NERC CIP standards
- Experience with security and risk assessment and management
- Certified or pursuing certification in one or more of the following: ISC2 CISSP, CompTIA Security +,GIAC GSEC, or other equivalent certifications
- Experience with ISO 27000, CIS Critical Security Controls, NIST frameworks, or other similar standards/frameworks
- Experience with physical security practices
Position: Full time, non-exempt, salary
Salary Range: $55,000.00-70,000.00
- Dental & Vision
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Utility Services works to provide an inclusive environment where employees and persons with whom we work. Our company hires and employs persons regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, place of birth, or HIV Status and seeks to encourage as broad a diversity of cultures and capabilities as can be achieved. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including but not limited to vacation and flexible work schedules.
Our organization is filled with talented team members from all kinds of professional backgrounds. It is due to this that we at Utility Services find deep value in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in this role but are unsure if you meet all of the requirements we would still encourage you to apply. Our hiring team wants to ensure candidates of all identities have the confidence and access to the career opportunities with US. Apply today!
–This is not a remote role. This role is hybrid and will require three days in office in Waterbury VT—
Email your resume to: HR@utilitysvcs.com and we will get back to you.